Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove server from nfuse

Status
Not open for further replies.

maleyj

MIS
Nov 24, 2001
US
Hope someone can help.
I inherited a Metaframe 1.8 farm that has 5 servers that are access by a remote office through Nfuse 1.61. Although I would like to upgrade there are legacy apps that will not work in an XP environment. The structure is as follows
5 Citrix MF 1.8 server the first server is a dedicated browser
1 IIS server that handles the Nfuse webpage.
4 application servers

I looked at the NFUSE.CONF file and only see the name of one of the Citrix servers and it is NOT the master browser. should the NFUSE_CITRIXSERVERS line show the Master Browser name or all the server in the farm.

Thanks in advance

In XP I think it should read any server running the XML service, in MF 1.8 it should be a server running the browser service. I would try changing it.

Why won't apps work in XP environment ?

[blue]Arguably the best cat skinner around ! [/blue]

Cheers
Scott

Thanks for the answer

The apps a legacy apps the use NTVDM extensivly, when we tested these apps on an XP server running under Win2K3 they either bombed outright or refused to run. When we contacted the vendors they told us flat out the apps would not run in this configuration. Some of these apps are so old the specs call for Windows 3.1 or under, we use TAME and other trick to make them work now. We have a mandate to move to XP and Win2K3 so my hands are tied, either the company pays for the upgrade or the apps die on the vine when we migrate.

I also found that the Nfuse.Conf file the previous admin had created and it only showed one of the MF 1.8 servers and it wasn't the master browser, I changed this file to point at the master browser, since we have a seperate box just for this, and no one has complained. I'll try removing one of the servers from the farm in PAM and see what happens.

We like no complaints! One step at a time is good. I have a couple of customers that use lgacy apps, and have found that these tend not to die! I think you may have to build the case.

Cheers
Scott

I will probably start building my 'Case' in the next couple of week since I just found out iI only have until August to get the apps cleand up.

Thanks again

August ! normally that would be tomorrow[wink]

Cheers
Scott

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back