Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove picture from form 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

harmmeijer

Programmer
Mar 1, 2001
CN
In the design mode there is a way to put a picture in the form by setting the picture property of the form.

There does not seem to be a way to remove this picture though.

Is there a way?

harmmeijer,

That is an interesting kanundrum. One thing you may need to do is to create a new form, copy the controls (select all the controls you want when viewing the form, Copy, Past into new form) and copy the code. (copy code from one form to the other). Then remove the old form, rename the new form to the original form name and everything should sync back up. When you copy the controls, all the options will be copied (including names) so it should paste in the new form with no problems.

Andy's solution will work but the image will still show up when you are editing the form. If you want to get rid of the picture entirely, I'm afraid you'll need to create new form and copy. VB encodes the information for the picture in the .frx file and it doesn't appear editable. (I can't make sense of it, but if you can, more power to you!)

Hope that helps.

-crater

Heres a better way:

On the picture proptery, select the words "(Picture)" and press DELETE not backspace twice, Brad,
Hey! email me any time! Bradsvb@yahoo.com

Brad,

*grinning sheepishly*

Thought I tried that. Oh well. Good solution! :)

-crater

??? Tried this at home and it works. I cannot beleve I did not try this, I selected (bitmap) next to picture and pressed delete.

Thanx.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back