Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove or delete VBA scripts from Excel worksheet

Status
Not open for further replies.

Obalola

MIS
Apr 6, 2010
GB
can anyone please advice how i can remove/delete VBA code from Excel worksheet. The codes are no longer needed and i do not have the password to edit the codes

Hi,
i do not have the password to edit the codes
We do not give code-breaking solutions here at Tek-Tips. However, you could search the probably find a means to do so.

Skip,
[sub]
[glasses]Just traded in my old subtlety...
for a NUANCE![tongue][/sub]

If you have no need for the code behind the spreadsheet, why not simply copy and paste the data into a new one?

Randy

Hi Randy, thanks for your suggestion, we have tried the option of copy and paste into a new spreadsheet, the code is always copied along.

Regards

Looks like it may be time, then, to recreate the data. If you re-enter the data into another workbook, then no code will "come along" unless it's stored in your PERSONAL.XLS file rather than directly in the workbook of question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back