Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remove multiple VDNs w/1 command

Status
Not open for further replies.

starchild7

Technical User
Sep 15, 2004
US
How do I remove a servies of vdns in one command instaed of going one by one?

starchild7,

no way to do this, there's just no command for batch removal.

Use the ASA tool, do an import and select the option "VDN" from the "option" drop down box and choose the option "remove command" at the bottom.

A grid will appear and you can fill this out with the VDN extensions you want to remove. You can use an Excel column for your convenience and than copy-paste to the grid.

This should do the trick.

Huffer's method is best but... I've done the following:

Remove them and with a record of it.

In ASA, under advanced, use the report button.
In the Report Properties box, in the command field type: remove vdn xxxx;remove vdn xxxx;remove vdn xxxx; etc .. etc...

xxxx being the actual vdn number. Export the removal record to a printer or a file and label it accordingly.

Use keyboard shortcuts copy and paste, to quickly add repeat characters such as remove vdn . You can truncate the commands such as rem vd xxxx as you would on the command line.

I've used excel and notepad using this method to make very big documents for audit purposes as well. disp COR;disp COS;disp "anything you can think of" etc... and it will append to the same file. Very handy...

Thanks,

Wildcard

huffer- I copy pasted all the extensions to the grid, but what button do I press to execute the deletion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back