Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove MS Access Security

Status
Not open for further replies.

rcreed1

Technical User
May 20, 2004
US
Hello,

I have a database I created using MS Access. I had installed security groups and so now it prompts for username and password. I had also made a custom menu bar (no controls). I did leave the hot keys in place so I can still make changes however, now I am trying to make copies of some of the forms for a smaller database I want to distribute and whenever I make these copies the security features copy also. Since i am in the Army and stationed in Korea most of the people who will use this will be replaced in a year and I can see a real mess with usernames and passwords. I was hoping to remove all of my security features but I do not know how and i don't want to erase something I will need by accident. So how would I remove the security features so I can make some copies of the forms,....

Thank you

This is what I have it doing currently....

When you start your computer you can click on the icon and the database will open. If you do that while holding down the shift key it will show you the menu bar and tool bar. However if you add any information into the database and exit. You can not reopen the database without restarting your computer first. Infact after you've added information and closed the database an icon shows up with the same name as the database (db3) and it has the lock symbol on there. How do I stop this from happening?

Thank you
SFC Reed

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back