Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove Export option for *.rpt using ActiveX viewer?

Status
Not open for further replies.

OnCrystal

Programmer
Sep 6, 2002
US
Does someone know if it to possible to remove the export option .rpt from the list when using the ActiveX engine? If so, can you provide the information please?

I don't want others to be able to save an editable copy of the report from the web viewer.

Thanks

We did this on our server running Crystal 8. What we did was just took u2fcr.dll out of C:\WINNT\CRYSTAL\. Now if a user attempts to export the report to a Crystal Report it just throws an error. I'm not sure if the dll is there in an CE installation, but I would imagine it would be there, just maybe in a different directory.

In CE it is possible to turn off the ability to export a report by making changes to the report viewer default settings. These settings are made by changing the relevant Properties of the Web Component Server via the Crystal Management Console.

I hope that helps.
Regards,
Steve Remington
Wave Business Solutions
steve.remington@wavebusiness.com.au

Jcrocker, thanks I will try that. Not quite the cleanest way but it will prevent them from exporting as an RPT file.

SteveReminton, I asume taking that option off will remove the export ability all together. Good to know it's there but I still need the ability to export to PDF, DOC, and XLS.

Thank you both for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back