Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remove duplicate records without suppress?

Status
Not open for further replies.

richardtm

IS-IT--Management
Jan 7, 2005
US
I'm using a healthcare software to find all the insurance a patient claims for a single visit. Is there a way (?formula?)to list them all in one details sections, with out using the suppress if duplicated. I can't use that since the patient may have several different exams in a day at the hospital and i don't want to suppress her other exams. So what I'm looking for is somthing that would look like this:

9am MRI debbie brown medicare
blue-cross

10am CT mark holland blue-cross

11am CT debbie brown medicare
blue-cross

Thanks for any help!

I'd group by time, and then by patient within time. Supress the details and just show the header, which should get rid of duplicates.

I'm not sure I understand your example. You can selectively suppress section. Right-click on the detail section and choose Format Section. Then choose the formula icon (x+2 and a pencil) for suppression. Enter a formula; e.g.
pumpstat = Previous(pumpstat) and changeflag <> "Y"

It helps to give your Crystal version, since newer versions have extra options, and some extra problems. I use Crystal 8.5.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK) [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back