Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remove Crystal File Repository Server

Status
Not open for further replies.

hp22015

Programmer
May 19, 2003
US
Hello all

I have windows 2000 Advanced Server and I am trying to configure Crystal Enterprise 9.

I am trying to re-create the Crystal Input and Output File Repository Servers. The creation is ok but it keeps creating new Crystal File Repository Server inside the "Enable/Disable Server under XXXX machine".

In one of the document that I downloaded from BO at said that I can go into "Enable/Disable Server under XXXX machine", select instances and click "Delete".

I just can't locate where the "Delete" button is once I click "Enable/Disable Servers" from CCM, logon to APS. Can someone help me, please. Thanks

hp

Hi,
I'm not sure what you mean by:

The creation is ok but it keeps creating new Crystal File Repository Server inside the "Enable/Disable Server under XXXX machine".

This process should work ( done it many times):
In tne CCM, stop the existing Input and Output services..
Highlight each one and click on the delete icon - service gone.

Click the Create New Server icon and choose Input..Point it to your file system location and click OK..Same for Output
Then enable them both..

[profile]

You don't need to go into the Enable/Disable dialog. Just select the server you want to delete from the CCM and press the black X on the toolbar.

Kingfisher [CECP]

Thank you for the reply. Here is the detail of what I've done.

1/ I go into CCM, highlight the Crystal Input File Repository Server, click 'X' icon, confirm the message about "Are you sure you want to delet the specified servers?". Then the server is delete. I do the same for the "Crystal Output File Repository Server". This step is very clear. No problem.

2/ Now, I add new server. I click on "Add Server" icon. Select Crystal Input File Repository Server, leave Display name as default, change the server name to "Input" (for example), click next to provide the APS name. The creation is done. I do the same for Crystal Output File Repository Server.

3/ Back to CCM. I start the two new Input/Output servers. No problem.

Now here is the problem!!!!

4/ I click "Enable/Disable Server" icon from CCM, connect as the administrator. The Enable/Disable Server under XXXX machine popup with the list of all server name and server types. There are multiple instances of Crystal File Repository Server there. Some of them I believe that I don't need anymore. How can I remove/delete them? Please advise. Thanks.

HP

Oh - You can delete the reference from the CMC (not CCM) go to the Servers section, check the servers you wish to delete and press the delete button.

Kingfisher [CECP]

KingfisherINC

Could you please give me more detail? At this moment, my CE9 is down so I can't run the lauchpad. I am trying to debug it. What is the CMC? Thanks.

HP

CMC is Crystal Management Console. CCM - is Crystal Configuration Manager

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back