Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove Called-ID from ip phone display

Status
Not open for further replies.

simonxts

ISP
Nov 3, 2002
NL
Is there a way to remove the called-id party number on the display of the ip phones?
Example:
I've made a translation pattern in the callmanager #123 to go to my mobile (000654324323). But now when a user dials the translation pattern (#123) the called-id is displayed in the ip phone and not #123. Is there a way to remove this? I don't want all my "normal" users to see my mobile number, because then they can call me directly and in the weekend ;-)
I only want this to occur if a select group of users calls the translation pattern.

Simon

Simon,

Looks to me like you cant change it on the Callmanager.

If you have an H323 gateway, you could setup an outgoing translation pattern on the gateway and then create an route pattern pointing at the gateway.

This will then not show the translation to the user.

The only way to restrict users to the number is with Partions and CSS.

Glen

The thing is, I don't want to restrict users to dial some numbers because I know how to do this. But I want the called-id party in the display of the ip phones not being displayd when using a translation pattern.

Simon

Nope, I'm not using Unity. I just want to retrict users from seeing internal numbers on their ip phones when called and calling.

Simon

If you do the translation in the router rather than in callmanager then the phone will never know that it happened.

Try going to the directory number for your IP Phone. Near the bottom of the page under line settings for this device, you have a field for "Display Internal caller ID"

John

Hi,

I had this exact same problem, and i discovered that if you set up the number you want to give users as a route, and do the trnaslation in the route setup, the translation does not show to users.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back