Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove borders from forms page when printing

Status
Not open for further replies.

Luvsql

Technical User
Apr 3, 2003
CA
I have many forms pages that I've setup with CS5 for our employees to fill out. They must print these as they are then required to sign etc, fax etc. When the user prints the forms, the borders around all the form fields also print, so for example, when they fill in the text area field, the whole form prints with the border and the drop down arrows etc.

Is there a quick and easy way to prevent the form field's borders from printing?

Use CSS with media set to print to make a printable version of the form where you set the form field borders to none.

Anyway:
Code:
<style type="text/css" [red]media="print"[/red]>
input {
border:none;
}

</style>

There's no reason a form element should ever be printed directly either. You should be processing the filled in form, and turning it into a printer friendly version.

----------------------------------
Phil AKA Vacunita
----------------------------------
Ignorance is not necessarily Bliss, case in point:
Unknown has caused an Unknown Error on Unknown and must be shutdown to prevent damage to Unknown.

Behind the Web, Tips and Tricks for Web Development.

I have the following code for screen. If I was going to add the border none just for media="print" where would I input that code? I'd want everything else to be the same when printed (so I guess I could have the fonts set to ALL then add the border none to just the printer?

<style type="text/css" media="screen">
.EmployeeFormHeader {
font-family: Calibri;
font-size: 14pt;
font-style: normal;
font-weight: bold;
}
.BodyHeaders {
font-size: 12pt;
font-style: normal;
font-weight: bold;
}
.BodyRegular {
font-size: 12pt;
}
</style>

I figured out how to hide the borders when printing. Now have to figure out how to hide the list box borders and drop down box

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back