Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove blank space from suppressed page footer

Status
Not open for further replies.

PhilB2

Programmer
Nov 6, 2003
US
I've read many posts on this, but none seem to apply: My page header is suppressed unconditionally; the page footer is suppressed if pageNumber > 1, and Suppress if Blank is checked. (My page footer includes subreports, but there is no change when the subreports [as entries in the main report] contain suppression formulas "pageNumber > 1").

Sometimes the group header extends to several pages (the detail section is suppressed), and a blank space equal to the size of the page header appears at the bottom of the additional pages (about 1-1/2 inches).

Checking 'overlay following sections' has no result. Using a group footer with 'Print at Bottom of Page' checked only works on the first page; if the group header extends to more than one page it disappears.

I don't think I stated the problem clearly: I don't want white space the size of the page footer to appear when the report extends to multiple pages.

Also, the subreports I mentioned are irrelevant: I have an identical report except that there are no subreports in it, and the behavior is the same.

I also did not state clearly that I tried using a Group Footer with Print at Bottom of Page checked instead of the Page Footer, and that did not work because when the report extended to multiple pages, the Group Footer did not appear in the report.

Although it probably has no bearing on the problem, as I stated in the original post, the Detail Section has no fields and is suppressed. Instead, the data is in a Group Header.

The issue is that, by design, a page footer that is conditionally suppressed reserves space even when the condition is not met for suppression.

Another approach might be to suppress the page footer and then use a detail_b section that is suppressed except when the recordnumber is a multiple of the line number on the page. This presumes you have rows of equal height throughout the report.

-LB

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back