Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove all previous components when installing Office 2003 Standard

Status
Not open for further replies.

snickm

Technical User
Feb 18, 2002
AU
Hi,

I am about to start a full deployment of Office 2003 to our users and was hoping someone could help with a minor annoyance. We have a lot of old machines running Office Professional (mostly 2000) which are going to be upgraded with Office 2003 Standard. The problem is that when you install Office 2003 Standard on a machine that had a previous version of Office Professional it only uninstalls the old applications that are being replaced. In other words, it leaves the old version of Microsoft Access on the machine. When I then audit the machines it looks as though there are two copies of Office on that machine which might just make Microsoft suspicious of our licensing situation if they ever pay us a visit. I want to make sure that ALL components of the previous versions of Office are uninstalled before installing Office 2003 Standard. Can anyone help with this.

The new deployment will be done with Group Policy and a compressed CD image as the installation point.

Thanks.

hello

as for the licensing, from the MS website:
Note: Although Microsoft does not recommend this configuration, you can install and use more than one version of Office on a single computer. For example, you can install and use both Office XP and Office 2003 on the same computer.

For additional informationa, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
828956 Running multiple versions of Microsoft Office with Office 2003

if you still want to remove previous versions, take a look here:

good luck with it

frainbreeze

If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back