Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove Accidentally Added Column Guide Lines?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

kjv1611

Jul 9, 2003
US
I've suddenly somehow added column guide lines (vertical dotted overlaid lines) in the SQL Editor window on any open SQL file connected to any server.

I've been piddling with different add-ins, so not sure if related, but trying some. I've uninstalled all, currently, but SSMSToolsPack and Dev Art Studios SQL Compete, both free editions for now.

I'm using SSMS 2008 R2.

So as of the last half hour or so, I've got these blue verticle lines now showing on my SQL files, and I don't really need them. The first one appears to be at column 80, then one at 100, and another at 120.

Is there a keyboard shortcut or some way to turn those off since they are now turned on?

Any thoughts/suggestions?

I've even considered just dong a repair install from Windows 7 Programs and Features, but figured that may be more than is required.

Thanks for any ideas.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

Couple other notes I should have included:
1. It's definitely not a monitor issue, I've tested on 2 different monitors, it moves with the SQL Editor window, and is not monitor specific.

"But thanks be to God, which giveth us the victory through our Lord Jesus Christ." 1 Corinthians 15:57

If you have SQL Refactor, try Ctrl+B Ctrl+L

Otherwise, check the following registry entry:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft SQL Server\90\Tools\Shell\Text Editor

Look for an item named "Guides"

-George
Microsoft SQL Server MVP
My Blogs
SQLCop
twitter
"The great things about standards is that there are so many to choose from." - Fortune Cookie Wisdom

Didn't use SQL Refactor - one from RedGate says was replaced by SQLPrompt - tried installing that, don't see anything so far.

I have a download of ApexSQL SQL Refactor, but based on my experience with their SQL Complete tool, I'm a little leery for the moment. I may try after other things though. I'll hopefully be able to try searching the registry on this machine later.

Will keep looking/digging. Thanks for the suggestions.

Alright! Hunting down the registry item and just deleting it resolved the issue. Thanks a ton!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back