Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove a LIM from a MD110 system

Status
Not open for further replies.

michelepin

Technical User
May 6, 2013
IT
Hi all,

i have a 16 LIM system and i got a heavy fault on one of them. This fault block my work, because system can't accept any kind of changes. Because i plain to remove that LIM (old and not yet used) from my system, there's a way to remove definitively from the LIM network ?

Oh, i forget: MD110 VERSION=CXP1010015/5/BC11SP13/R3A

Thanks,
Michele

--
BLOG @

You cannot end a lim unless you have contact with the lim, do you?

you need to add a dummy lim locally on the GS and then you can deprogram the LIM.

/Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
Helping people is my job...

Thanks for all replies. So, if i LIM is connected, is yet possible to "disconnect" and "remove" it from the system, right ? And, if i can ask, how ? How i can found instruction how to remove an unused LIM ?

Sincerely, Michele

--
BLOG @

The problem you have is that although you have contact with the lim, you 'can't make any changes'. To end the lim you first have to end all the customer data and move common program units in the lim, or you will cause data corruption - this is making changes.

What changes can't you make, send us some prints to show your problem, starting with ALLOP;

Best parnum

Thanks a lot for the replies.

because i'm moving to VoIP, my 16 LIM system has became too big for effective users. Unused LIMs were moved to central room, because need to be powered and cannot be (that say who did the assistance) removed from system.

But, as you sayd, i can remove unused LIMs, that whould be great !

Michele

--
BLOG @

It is possible but it is not easy, there are many things you need to take into account.
It would be far easier to rebuild the system from scratch with only the LIMS you need.

/Daddy

-----------------------------------------------------
Helping people is my job...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back