Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remove a database icon from the workspace desktop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MoGryph

Programmer
Nov 1, 2000
US
Does anyone know of a way, in Notes4.6, to remove the icon for a database from a users' desktop, using Lotus Script?

I have a database, that's changing servers, and I don't want my users accessing the database that exists on the old server anymore. But, I don't want to remove the old database until I'm sure that the all users have ran the code to open the new database. Checking that all users of that database is not a problem - I have a log that gets each users' name appended to it, when they run the code to open the new database, and I'll only remove the old one when all users have updated their (notes) desktop workspace with the new database's icon.

I don't have to worry about the users Re-Opening the database, because my users aren't that smart 80). They'll just open the icon that has whatever picture they usually look at. (The ones that are smart enough, for the most part, know not to play with things either, or I'll break their hands. Just kidding).

The problem is, I want to make sure the old icon's gone, but I can't find any objects to work with, to remove it from.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

-MoGryph
[8O)

Not sure about the LS but there is the @Command[FileDatabaseRemove] that will remove a DB icon from the workspace. Gamesman
jhughes@barbhosp.com
MT(ASCP), MCP, CIW, CNA

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back