Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removal of the Active directory connector

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazaruschurchyard

Technical User
Dec 10, 2002
GB
Hello all:

Can anyone tell me how the hell I go about removing an ADC that has been installed on a server incorrectly.

One of our techies has installed the ADC on the Exchange 5.5 server that we want to set up the connection agreements to!

As I understand it, if there are no connection agreements set up, then the ADC can be un-installed and re installed on a new server (A DC as specified by Microsoft!) without any problems, but something is nagging to say that there may be problems if the ADC is removed incorrectly: Basically I can't find any documentation that tells me how to remove the ADC safely.

Cheers

"One of our techies has installed the ADC on the Exchange 5.5 server that we want to set up the connection agreements to!"

You have to do this, the ADC connects the Ex5.5 directory with Win2k AD, you should also install the ADC service and manager onto a DC (I found that it only worked if I installed it onto a Global Catalogue server).

As far as I am aware, if there are no connections then there should be no problem with removing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back