Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removal of SMSlogon 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edney

IS-IT--Management
Mar 18, 2002
GB
Hi all,

we have SMS 2.0 installed in our infrastructure in a Windows 2000 domain.

As you all know, each windows 2000 domain controller in your setup becomes a SMS logon point.

We have since demoted several servers from being a domain controller and the SMS logon point data still exists on the server and is taking up valuable disk space.

I would like to remove this SMS data from this ex-domain controller, how can I do this??

This is nothing in ADD/REMOVE programs within control panel. Can I just delete the SMSlogon folder from within windows explorer?? Or should I insert the CD and remove it that way??

Any advice or suggestions would be much appreciated,

Thanks Edney.

This computer should still be listed in the SMS Admin Console as a Logon Point role. You should be able to take the role away from there.

If not, you'll have to delete the directories, remove the registry entries, and remove the SMS services from the computer, and then use the following method to remove references to it for SMS:

Rod Trent
Microsoft.MVP.SMS
=======================================
Main site: =======================================

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back