Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Removal of Duplicates

Status
Not open for further replies.

GBorrer

MIS
Nov 8, 2001
US
Hello Everyone,

I had the wonderful joy of having to restore the last 7 days of email to our exchange server. Here is the problem. When I restore the mailbox messages with Veritas Backup Exec 9.1 it creates duplicate messages for mails that are currently in the mail store as well. I am unable to find a way to specify for the restore to only place mail from the 7 day persiod so my mail is showing thousands of duplicates in any box that has been restored.

Does anyone know of an app out there that will go in and remove these duplicates from all the folders in each user on the exchange store? I have tried some applications that run through outlook but as you can imagine I have several hundred users that I have to do this too, and it is not practical at all. Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back