Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remoting into 2 stations on LAN @ once

Status
Not open for further replies.

michaelbr1

IS-IT--Management
Oct 26, 2006
US
I have a Linksys BEFSR41 v3 router on a small office network. All computers are running Windows XP Pro. Using Remote Desktop, I currently remote into the server (also used as workstation) and access user accounts on that machine. However, I now have a requirement to remote in to another computer on the same network.

I have enabled Remote Desktop on the second computer and changed the registry value for RDP-Tcp to 3399. I have also created another entry in the port forwarding section of the router. The first entry is forwarding port 3389 to IP .100 so I had the second entry forward port 3399 to IP .125 which is the IP of the second machine I want to remote into.

It doesn't work.

I can, however, remote to that same machine from another machine on the network. I can also remote into the server through port 3389 and then remote to the second machine from there, but that ties up both machines which defeats my goal of allowing two people to remote into their workstations at the same time.

What else do I need to do to make this work?

Thanks, Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back