Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remotely changing the CFW on my phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

hollandho

MIS
Jun 8, 2006
CA
Hello All: This may be a dumb question but none of us can do this. I want to be able to dial in to my phone at work and change the CFW to be a cell phone instead of another DN.I do not want to have to drive in to work and change it directly on the phone. Is this even possible - not a message forwarding rule. We are on a CS1000 with Callpilot and My call pilot.

Thanks in advance

It's called Remote Call Forward you can find it in the Software Features PDF, the only thing your going to have to do is build a DISA trunk which opens yourself to Toll Fraud.

OLD ROLMEN WORKING ON NORTELS AND AVAYA

Hey Old Rolmen: Thank you for that valuable tip on the Toll Fraud. It jogged my memory in that we got dinged for approx $3000.00 in Toll Fraud already this year and that is why we cannot do what I want anymore.

You could use a softphone. That's what I do, you then also have the abilty to forward anyone's phone.

If you have staff on site, that you can trust, at the time you want to mofify the forward, why not get them to use remote call forward?

Its done by dial access code internally, plus potentially gives you an audit trail on the usage of the facility.

Why don't you set up DISA, change the phone and then take DISA out. But then you would be the only one that could chagne the Call Forward Remotely.

I have seen DISA get abused, but I have also used it myself with great success. You just need to make sure all your settings are correct and you can lock down DISA to internal calls/functions only.

It's really about being dilligent about the security of your system.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back