Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remotely call through modem

Status
Not open for further replies.

SunShock

Technical User
Aug 21, 2003
US
I am looking for any (free) client/server software combination for either Windows or Linux (ideally having the server run on Linux and the client run on either OS) that can do the following:
1.) Client connects to server over network
2.) Server places call using modem connected to phone line

Basically the net result would be that the client can, using a normal microphone and headphones, can make a phone call to a normal phone through the server's modem. Ideally, the reverse could also be possible (the Server could recieve a call, and would notify the Client over the network, allowing the client to accept the call).

I found something that looks like what I want called PhoneServer ( but it is not free.

Solved, partially. Using Asterisk on the Linux server with a X100P card. Pretty much what I was looking for, except that I wanted to use a normal voice modem rather than having to buy any hardware.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back