Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Worker 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharterWarranty

IS-IT--Management
Nov 26, 2012
US
We have a remote worker that is answering calls that are forwarded to his cell phone and recorded with contact store.
And this working well, what we would also like to do is when he calls the customer back on his cell be able to call into the system and then call the customer to have that call recorded.
Like maybe through voicemail??
We have a limited number of IP phones and I know that would be the best.

Any suggestions would be great.

You can setup a DDI which points to FNE31, there a twinned mobile would get dialtone and can dial out with his office number.

Another option would be to have IX Workplace client on the mobile and dial via VoIP.

"Trying is the first step to failure..." - Homer

maybe mobile twinning

Mobile Callback Default = Off.
Mobile callback allows the user to call the system and then hang up. The system will then make a call to the user's CLI and when answered, provide them with dial tone from the system to make calls. See the Mobile Callback topic in Administering Avaya IP Office™ Platform with Web Manager.

@janni78
"You can setup a DDI which points to FNE31, there a twinned mobile would get dialtone and can dial out with his office number." Great one (tnx for it) - easy end effective.
"Another option would be to have IX Workplace client on the mobile and dial via VoIP." this one more handy but needs addition (not cheap) Power User License.

@gknight1
also great.

Avaya IPO actually have great/useful features. Hope they will survive updates :)

APDS - Avaya Midmarket Solutions
AIPS - Avaya IP Office™ Platform
ACSS - Avaya IP Office™ Platform

I must be missing something.
I have tried the suggestions and read and followed the IP Knowledge Base.

I can see it hit the system but it just returns me to my wireless carrier.

I created the following short code.
FNE Service

Then in my incoming call route I added my cell to the Incoming CLI
set the default destination to *27.

What am I missing?

Thanks for the responses.

Stay Healthy

Here's how I do it:

Create a new Short Code such as:
Code: *666
Feature: FNE Service
Telephone Number: 18
Line Group ID: 0

Pick an unused DID and set the destination to the new Short Code

Give the User Mobility features
Check the box for Mobile Call Control, and put their cell phone number in the Twinning Mobile Number field (include the 9 and 1 before the area code)

The User calls the DID from their cell phone, gets system dial tone, dial 9 and the outside telephone number. The call functions just as if they were dialing from their desk phone, so the caller ID and recording settings will apply.

It is not necessary to use unused DID. Any could be used until CLI is set/used for Twinning Mobile Number thus this will be "trigger" to reach feature.
Mandatory is to set Twinning Mobile Number in format as it come come at PSTN line (with preceding dial out code at user/mobility page). Otherwise it will not be "authorize" to use feature.
Also should check if DTMF is set/working properly (particularly if you use SIP line). Without DTMF this feature will not work.

APDS - Avaya Midmarket Solutions
AIPS - Avaya IP Office™ Platform
ACSS - Avaya IP Office™ Platform

IP Office will match 6-10 digits of the twinning number to match the user, it duplicate users are found it matches the first user in the configuration
You can use oneXdigits2match=x to make it match on a specific length.

FNE 31 will also give a you new dialtone when the other party hangs up, if you want the call to be disconnected you can use FNE 35 instead.

FNE 18 is basically the same as FNE 00 and 31, 00 to 27 was used by the One-X mobile client who dialed in and used shortcodes for features.
FNE 31 is for Mobile Call Control without a client but they all work the same if I remember correctly, I'm using the 31-37 out of habit.

Thanks Everyone

I finally as able to get it to work.

It appears it will only work with a physical extension/user.

I was trying a user of none or h323.

Anyway Thanks again.

I tried the Twin when logged out when creating a user without an physical extension and still can't get it to work?

You shouldn't need a physical extension, over 90% of users in my installations only have a mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back