Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote VPN connection problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

exceeeduus75

IS-IT--Management
Jun 6, 2005
US
Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this is the right forum to post this topic, but this is the problem.
We use Symantec PCAnywhere for remote connections, but there is a particular remote user on VPN whom I cannot connect to. But when he goes to our other branch, and his connected directly to the network, no problem, I can pcanywhere his computer. We use Microsoft VPN, and user is using Windows XP Pro with sp2.
I have tried to connect using his computer's ip address, turned off windows firewall, started pcannywhere in windows Services, no luck. I am awaiting his response as to whether he has a home network set up using a router.

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Thanks,
exceeeduus75

Can he ping the remote computer by IP? If not, make sure both sites are not using the same IP range. Or these search results may help,

Both VPN sites are in the same IP range
A: You will not be able to do this with a VPN connection if both subnets are using the same IP subnet. What you are setting up is a LAN to LAN (also called ...
- Similar pages

Cannot access resources after establishing VPN
Therefore, both VPN server and client use the same IP address. To solve this issue, ... The VPN client receives the same IP of the VPN server . ...

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on

I will have him try that too, but he did said he uses wireless router. I will check out the sites and give you guys a feedback.

exceeeduus75

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back