Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote VPN clients dropping connection after 5 min

Status
Not open for further replies.

melbert09

IS-IT--Management
Oct 19, 2008
GB
Hi all,
Interesting problem here. I have recently taken over the network for a small company (last week) with small remote offices all over. Currently we have an office with remote users here in London and Europe. We also have an office in California and an office with temp workers in New York. The issue is that I am getting reports of the remote user connections using the Cisco VPN client are dropping after a couple of minutes, but the site to site VPN connections are just fine. It appears that there is no issue in the UK or Europe with the VPN client. I have been doing some looking online and in the error logs and there is nothing screaming that there is anything wrong. Some of the solutions that I have found call for using NAT traversal.

I was wondering if this could be the answer.

Or is there something else I should look at?

Thanks in advance

are they getting disconnected while working or after being idle for X time?

As far as I can tell its while they are working. I guess I should have also said that its a PIX 515E with unlimited VPN connections allowed. There are really no more than 10 clients connected at one time and our bandwidth is fine at the office.

Thanks

Post a config.

/

tim@tim-laptop ~ $ sudo apt-get install windows
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
E: Couldn't find package windows...Thank Goodness!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back