Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote VM by extension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PeterMarcus

Technical User
Feb 16, 2005
US
I figure there's gotta be an easy answer...or it's impossible ;)

When calling in remotely for messages on a newly installed MICS/CP100 system I programmed, the user presses "**" and is asked for their mailbox number and password. Is there any way they can enter their DN and password instead? In the AA, they dial (for example) extension 314 to get to their desk, but have to dial 105 to pick up their mail remotely....

Thanks

So why were the mailboxes not set up to match the extension or DN numbers?

MarvO said it

Uhhh, that would be the easy answer I guess. Because I started with the 100/102 initial mailboxes and figured the numbering scheme followed through the 100s.

Never mind...I'll reprogram from the DN list on up and then try to scrub the "stupid question" stamp off my forehead ;)

Now this is what the forum is about!!!

Guiding people seemingly easy to help them find out how to help themselves.

The questionairre knew it was one of two answers.

The forum member asked a simple (& quite polite) guidance question.

The quesionairre then figured out what to do & will attempt to correct the situation on their own without step by step instructions.

Unfortunately beating themselves up without sending a picture of their stamped forehead.

Steve
tele-dataservices.com

Sphoneman, you are absolutely correct. I gave a hint instead of an answer and he worked it out. I guess part of it is lazyness on my part too. I don't like to type long messages.

MarvO said it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back