Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote view with parameter

Status
Not open for further replies.

peterf

Technical User
Jul 31, 2001
CA
When I create a remote view (MS Access) with a parameter filter (ie ?mParameter), the remote view works correctly, but I am unable to subsequently modify the remote view. An error message informs me there is a 'Syntax Error'. There is no error message when I do not use a filter.

Any suggestions

Thanks

Peter

try creating the variable (that is the parameter) at the command line, then modifying the remote view.

From Peter,

No, that does not make any difference.

Further investigation shows with a sql query (auto generated by the remote view designer) as follows :

SELECT *;
FROM "Daily ODP Detail" Daily_odp_detail;
WHERE Daily_odp_detail."Employee Id" = ?mEmp;
AND Daily_odp_detail.Quantity > ?mQty

The syntax error occurs with the Employee Id parametized filter but not with the Quantity Filter. The former being a character field, the latter a numeric. The syntax error will also occur with a date type field.

Thanks for your help.

Peter

when are you setting the filter?

is the error after the initial query? and happens when you set a filter? Attitude is Everything

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back