Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote User Assigned to HUNT Group

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaaayB

IS-IT--Management
Nov 6, 2017
US
Hi all,

I hope this is the right part of the forum to post in. We use Avaya Integrated Management Site Administration (v3.1.13) for our current phone system. I would like to point out that I have had no formal training on any of the phone systems we use, and just expected to pick it up as I go along... It's been a fun ride!

I am trying to set up a remote user as part of a HUNT group within the office, but I am having issues setting this up. In order to control the times when the remote user is in office, I am setting this up using a physical handset that is logged in and out of every day, rather than a virtual handset.

I have extension 0618 assigned to a test hunt group. The extension itself has a coverage path of 13, which links to the remote table and calls the mobile number assigned to it. If the extension is dialed directly, the coverage path is triggered absolutely fine. The issue I am having is that if the extension is called as part of the HUNT group, the physical handset in the office rings, rather than the call being diverted to the coverage path.

Is there any way to get the coverage path to trigger from the HUNT group? The HUNT is set up to only call one station based on an agents activity (ead-mia). I have attached a quick flow of how the system currently works and how the remote user slots into this.

Thanks for your time.

James

http://files.engineering.com/getfile.aspx?folder=4e94a0d1-5474-4f80-ac57-fee727b0e6f6&file=Phone_Routing.PNG
ec500 is your friend here, attach ec500 to 0618

Thank you for the help. It seems that an EC500 would do the trick in this case (after looking up what it is). I ran the command display system-parameters customer-options, and it looks like we don't have any EC500 licenses purchased, which is a pain. Any chance this could be MacGuyvered without this? I did see something called an XMOBILE station which we have 2,400 of which sounds like something useful, so I am going to have a quick look into that.

yes I believe with xmobile this can be done as well, it's been a while thou since I have used it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back