Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote to client's site

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popsea

MIS
Jun 24, 2002
US
I setup a simple network at a client's location and put them behind a router for their internet. My question is, what is the best way to remote to every PC? There are about six PCs there and they each have static IPs. They use NAT to access the internet. I have some experience with VNC and would like to use it if possible. Thanks

I would suggest TightVNC 1.28 from
Once you download and instal the client on each machine. You can either download the client to your machine and run the Tight VNC Viewer (Fast Compression) Or simply connect through an html broweser by putting the URL

Replace the 111.111.111.111 IP Address with the IP of the computer you want to connect to, type in the password you entered when installing it (it will prompt for it) and that's it, your in.

:5800 is the stet port for tight vnc so unless you change it or unless they are Unix machines then this will work.

If Unix the port is :5801 I believe. It does have some issues with copying and pasteing. It is possible but tricky.

Hope this helps. Let me know.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back