Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Texting doesn't work to cellphones

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mfiddy

Technical User
Dec 14, 2007
US
Having issues with remote text notifacation to a cellphone. I can send an e-mail to Outlook(our local) and Holtmail accounts (regular e-mail accounts) but not to a cell phone. It had been working, at some point in the last 6 mo. it stopped. We upgrade to CP 5.0 in September. I have verified the IP's, the outgoing server info... Also, I am able to text message Outlook from a cell phone and send a message back to the originating Outlook account, so it shouldn't be a problem with the Cellular provider. I have our carrier looking into this but no help as of yet.

have you looked at your rpl's to make sure they are not blocking your call to the cellphone?

no problems only solutions

strmwalker

I am able to remote notify the cell phone (call it) but the problem I'm having is when I use the texting address (###-###-####@email.uscc.net) in the remote text notifacation feature the message is not recieved. I am able to communicate to the cell phone with my e-mail service (Outlook), just not with text notifacation.

Have you checked your Notification Device Class under Messaging is set up properly with your carrier's SMTP settings?

It does work - I just tested it here and I received the notification on my cell. My carrier is Bell so my notification device class is smtp1.txt.bell.ca.

Yes, our device class is our exchange server. I have done some more testing and can recieve the notifacation on my outlook account and a generic hotmail account, so I know the message is leaving our site. I called in a ticket to our cellular provider to see if the problem is on their end.

You should add another device class which will be your carrier's settings and then choose this one within the users settings.

When I add a new device class the only option i have is entering a name. Is this where you mean to enter the carriers settings? or is this strictly a naming field.

Yes. I believe in a previous post you had mentioned this address (###-###-####@email.uscc.net)

So you would just need to find out what your carrier's SMTP setting is and for the name field enter ?????.email.uscc.net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back