Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Text Notification 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

CTarv

Technical User
Aug 16, 2005
US
We finally got Remote Text Notification working a few weeks ago (to Exchange), and have noticed something quite quirky and aggravating about it. It sends some notifications on time, some one hour late, and some two hours late. The ones that are one or two hours late are exactly one or two hours from the time the message was left. We are on the latest PEPs and SU (my vendor was in here the other night to do so). Any ideas on this?

Is it possible the Exchange server is queuing the message?

Not sure. I've had my network admin check on the Exchange side, and he says he sees no problems. The messages do not show up on the Exchange server until they are received in the inbox.

Make sure your DNS server matches what is in the FQDN field of CP found in Messaging - Message Network Configuration click on your server name and then click Show Details.

The name in this field is the name in host file and needs to match the DNS entry. I had the same issue at a customer's site and this fixed it.

Are you sending the text notification to a cellular phone? ATT? If so you need to change the text to enterprise paging to get first in/ first out of your text messages. If it is just regular text then it is sent out behind messages being sent from teens and everyone else with plan old text service. I found that to be the issue when I started using the notification to cellular.

It looks to have been a two part thing. Cmac was right in that FQDN was off (.com instead of .int), but that only fixed the problem temporarily. It looks to be fixed now with an edit of the host file on CallPilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back