Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Text Notice only sending 7 digits instead of 10 digits

Status
Not open for further replies.

dabble

Technical User
Jun 15, 2005
CA
We recently went to 10 digit local dialing.

We have Call Pilot 5.0 and a CS1000E at 6.0

Since that time, when someone leaves a voice mail message in a mailbox and that mailbox sends out the remote text notification, the caller number is only showing the 7 digits instead of the 10 digits.

8 is our access code.

See sample below.

-----Original Message-----
From: Postmaster@callpilot.****.****.** [mailto:postmaster@callpilot.****.****.**]
Sent: March 2, 2011 3:36 PM
To: **********
Subject: CallPilot Notification

You have a voice message from an unknown caller that called from 872*****.

I'm thinking it has to do with the CLID table that the call pilot agents are set to use.

The agents are using CLID 0 which is defined below:

ENTRY 0
HNTN 705
ESA_HLCL 726
ESA_INHN NO
ESA_APDN YES
HLCL 72*****
DIDN NO
HLOC
LSC
CLASS_FMT DN

What should I change the CLID table to:

Thanks.

access cpmgr and under messaging/dialing info/ verify your local prefix and call type and change accordingly. You probably have your set to treat call type as local/unknown instead of npa

I have checked that - The default translation was set to local for the unknown format handling. I changed it to national, saved it, then dialed into my own voice mail from my cell phone but the area code did not appear.

I tried to add some dialing translations with my local area code and the exchange of my cell phone, but it did not include the area code.

Maybe my combinations of settings are not correct?

Check the VPIM shortcut and make sure you have the full digits as this affects the mailbox id in the CallPilot address book. This may be the reason for the shortened number.

Good Luck,
Barnie

I fixed it.

Went into CPMGR --> Dialing Translations

Local Prefix: 8
Long Distance Prefix: 8
International Previx: 011
ESN Access Code:
Local Country Code: 1
Local Area / City Code:
Unchecked the capture external CLID with unknown format

Saved the above.
Made a test call from my cell to my desk extension and I received the full 10 digits plus the 8 (the 8 is our AC1).

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back