Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote subnet cannot connect to Exchange information store

Status
Not open for further replies.

MISBoston

IS-IT--Management
Sep 30, 2002
US
Hello, everyone. Here's my problem: I recently changed the IP scheme at a remote office from public IP's to private IP's. However, after the changeover, none of the users in this remote subnet can connect to the Exchange information store using Outlook. The Exchange 5.5 server is at the main office, and this remote office connects to the main office over a T1 line.

I have no problem connecting to & viewing the share resources on the Exchange server when I enter its IP address or its Netbios name in a browser, so it doesn't seem to be a routing issue. I just cannot get any of the workstations at the remote office to connect to the Exchange info store.

Before the IP changeover, Outlook was working perfectly on all of the workstations.

Any ideas on why I cannot connect to the Exchange info store after this IP changeover? Any suggestions would be appreciated.

J. Bedsole
Boston

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back