Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote software to allow drive mapping

Status
Not open for further replies.

ddrafts

IS-IT--Management
Dec 26, 2002
US
Does anyone know of a remote software that will allow Drive Mapping. I'm trying to setup something that will run on two computers that will automatically Clone a Directory. I have tried PCanywhere but the Cloning feature is not allowed in the Command Queue.

Thanks
Doug

Ok I have figured it out and thought that someone eles would like to know.

Put an FTP server on the Dest Computer.
Download and install Internet Neighborhood Pro from on the Source Computer

then you can map a drive to the FTP server.

Then you can use XXCOPY to clone that directory.

Thanks
Doug

Can windows not map to an ftp directory?

This way you wouldn't have to spend money on Internet Neighbourhood Pro. I haven't tried this myself, but it seems that if you go to Map Network Drive, then click on "Sign up for internet storage or connect to a server" you can map to a folder on the FTP server.

FTP servers are all over the place as freeware, so this way you wouldn't have to spend a penny!

I'll have to try that later today when I can get to the computer that I need to do this on.

Thanks
Doug

I have tried it last night and it does not work :(

You can see the directory’s but when you choose one to map the OK is grayed out.

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back