Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote site

Status
Not open for further replies.

terry712

Technical User
Oct 1, 2002
GB
i have a site that currently have a netware box that runs the dhcp for a few sites. the routers at each of the remote sites for a help file on it , remotes sites have no servers.

the netware box - it's just a case of setting up each of the ip address ranges and it does the rest as it knows that what to allocate as if it's local then no probs and if it's forwarded from the router it has the address

i need to replace this with a ms box - so i'm just gonna slpa a ms box in and change the address with the netware box so i dont have to touch the routers

does the ms box do the same or am i gonna have to pop a relay agent at each remote site or is the helper sufficient

As long as the IP-Helper address points to the IP address of the DHCP server, then DHCP should get the request for IP broadcasts.

After i change domain to another domain then in my laptop Microsoft firewall client for ISA Server 2004 don't work.It say that
Disabled:ISA Server could not be detected.
And also i couldn't get reply while pinging any IP-address ,while pinging it say Destination host unreachable.

Can somebody help me with this?

Thanks.

IT Techinician.
bp Georgia(CIS)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back