Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Site Aux Copy Issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

hammysploge

Technical User
Oct 14, 2004
GB
We have a remote site with a Media Agent installed. The remote site clients backup to a local maglib on this Media Agent and then the idea is to Aux copy between the remote site back to a central location, where data is moved to tape. We are going to perform Synthetic image block level backups, so as to reduce the amount of data being sent, but our issue is the initial seed full backup which is taking forever as the network link is limited.

So the idea now is to backup to a USB device at the remote site and then transport the USB disk to the central site, attach to another Media Agent and then Aux copy to tape, however this procedure does not seem to be as easy as first thought and I am basically seeing if anyone has performed this procedure before and if so what are the steps involved. We are using disk as we do not have a spare tape unit.

There is a way to do this but is a little complex. You will need to create a MAG library with shared "static" mountpaths and a Gridstor license. CV support should have this documented.

Thanks for the info - I will speak with Commvault and see if they will give me the full procedure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back