Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote SIP Phone No Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickgrill

Programmer
Mar 12, 2010
US
has anyone been able to get a remote sip client to work. i have a sip client loaded on my iPad and when i am in the office it works great. when i leave the office i change the IP address to my external IP and the client registers and i can make and recieve calls but there is no audio. any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Yep, have it working in a few places, audio issues is always the router/firewall interfering with things, how you fix it depends on the router :)

i have a adtran netvanta 3120. did you get it working by forwarding ports?

Never used/seen an Adtran, so no help there. But it's normally a SIP ALG/H323 transformation issue or whatever Adtran call their version of that :)

Well on most routers we use it needs to be turned off, it's there to help but usually hinders, in answer to your earlier question..yes we use port forwarding :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back