Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Shelves

Status
Not open for further replies.

chintoo69

MIS
Mar 1, 2009
PK
i, it is 61c rls 4.0 with 02 remote shelves connected through fiber. Now so oftenly i get no dial tone/call drop problem on both these remote shelves and then gets OK automatically. Patches are updated.
What you guys suggest?? from where i start to rectify calldrop/No dial tone problem.What areas should i check for these problems?
Regards.

are you getting any errors on your screen at all? is that loop completely down, if so how long. hom many sets are on the remotes

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

I have worked on a lot of simular problems and you have to use the proccess of elimination - everything is suspect including the fiber.

Since you have 2 shelves, it might make it easier to find problem as you can swap between the 2 loops (assuming both loops are not going down together.

If you have the multi IPE boxes - both loops must be on same network groups and boxes could be suspect.

I have found most of problems are either a cable (usually between I/O pannel and Multi-IPE box) or the multi-ipe box. or if Fiber network card - I have replaced a lot of cards to fix issues.

We have 02 remote shelves with 50 analog extensions at both sites. Both shelves gets down randomly and not at same times, i m getting random AUD errors also.
Regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back