Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Server Time???? Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamieclock

Technical User
Apr 12, 2005
GB
Hi, could someone please help me. I have dreamweaver MX set up on my PC with Microsoft XP. When I set up an account in dreamweaver and enter the FTP details, Dreamweaver askes if i want to test connection... I click yes and a message pops up with ......blah blah blah successful. But when I try to upload the site files, A message 'Dreamweaver cannot determine the remote server time. The Select Newer and Syncronize commands will not be available' appears and wont connect! Does anyone know what this means or how i can get around it? id appreciate any help. Thanks

It could be your firewall. This happens to me when I forget to lower the security level to "medium".
Close dreamweaver, lower firewall settings and open again. Then it should work. I'm assuming your FTP settings etc. are correct...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back