Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Server Down

Status
Not open for further replies.

cvarela

MIS
Apr 7, 2010
US
I am hoping to get some assistance here.We have a CS100 on Rls 7.5 and multiple SMG and SRG systems. We are encountering a strange issue where we have various type of IP phones to include 2002, 2004 and 1140 in various locations. Issue is that some phones stopped working and display shows "Remote Server Down". For a specific location, maybe only one or two phones encountered this and all other IP phones for that location are working fine. I am able to successfully ping the affected sets IP address in ld 117 and am able to ping both call servers (S1 & S2)from the affected sets. The only way to get these affected sets operational is to change the S1 ip address to the S2 IP address (2nd call server). Currently affecting about 25 IP sets in over 8 different locations. The locations that are having these issues are either an SMG or and SRG. All IP phones at the main CS100 location (HQ) are not encountering this issue. All phones at all locations use the same S1 and S2 IP address' with the exception now of the ones we are having to change.

If you restart a phone in your HQ, does it encounter the same problem? Are you sure that all remote locations and the HQ has the same S1 and S2 address? I see you mention you have SRG's and SMG locations, and those locations should use different S1 addresses to better support survivability. If you restart a phone at a SRG site, will that phone be redirected to the HQ or will it remain in local mode towards the SRG? If everything points towards the main office, I would try to restart the NCS service on the nrs servers at the HQ if you are not using session manager. This shouldn't be service impacting as far as I'm aware of.

I2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back