Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote scripting multiple software packages Script Logic

Status
Not open for further replies.

MRoberto

IS-IT--Management
May 9, 2005
US
Hello. Desparately need help, and fast. I'm a help desk analyst for an underfunded, understaffed IS dept. Theres me, a programmer, and a new IS director whos been here 1 month. While we had no IS boss for 4 months, upper mgt decided to take on another location an hour away. They have 100+ users and computers. We have one more week to upgrade all the computers. Their network has been tied into us already. All user accounts have been added and all Cisco VoIP phones have been configured. We still need to upgrade each computer to WinXP (We bought the XP upgrade, computers running mostly 98 over there). We also need to install Office 2003, and other applications such as TIER (hospital/clinical package), SQL, Symantec (to point to our parent symantec server), and a handful of other things like Adobe reader, winzip etc.

With only a week left to get this done, it seems as though rebuilding one computer at a time is not feasible. We dont have the resources to drop everything we are doing and work over at the other location for a week straight. We have over 300+ users already to take care of and we are backed up as it is.

I need help figuring out how to make one script to install all these packages, and then we would be able to host the install files on our servers with the scripting file. We could then utilize Scrpit Logic to push out the installs to the new computers needed to be upgraded.

We would (in theory), just have to add each computer to our domain, tell script logic to push out the script and install files to the new computers, and good to go.

Can anyone offer any insight or advice or help? Please?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back