Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote registry and taskmanager

Status
Not open for further replies.

grnfvr

MIS
Dec 21, 2000
US
does anybody know how to view/edit a remote machines registry. also can you view a remote machine's taskmanager. i know i could use pcanywhere or vnc or something like that. but i want to be able to do it without interfering with the desktop...

Matt

'regedt32' will give you limited access to a remote machines registry - HKEY_CURRENT_USER, HKEY_CURRENT_CONFIG and HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT will be inaccessable though.

To access the remote machines registry, click on the "Registry" menu, then "Select Computer".

Note you need Administrative access on the remote machine.

I know of no way to remotely see a task manager I'm sorry. [auto] MCSE NT4/W2K

Right click My Computer and select Manage.Right click Computer Management(Local) and select Connect to another Computer. From there drill down to System Information--Software Enviroment--Running Tasks. This is the the Task Manager on the remote machine(assuming its not running 9x).

HTH

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back