Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote programing on bcm50e

Status
Not open for further replies.

wave33

Technical User
Feb 7, 2006
US
I need to remote program a bcm50 through the modem but I don't see area in the manager to do this. What am I missing or need to do this? Thanks for any info.

Should just need to dial into the BCM 50, open Element Manager, then attach to the IP of the system. Just like doing it on the LAN, but a lot slower.

On a BCM50 you just need to go into the modem and enable it by checking the box off. In that form you should be able to see the DN for the dial up. Call in with your computer and have the person who answers transfer you to the DN listed in that form.

Thanks for the info,But really I don't see where I can choose to use the modem or lan connection. When I use the mgr. it always makes me use the ip address. Big time lost on it!!
Thanks for the help

Element manager doesn't know how you're connecting to the BCM which is why you don't see the option.

If connecting through the modem, you need to build a dial up networking connection on your PC (similar to a RAS connection, or dialing into an ISP), use the BCM login name/password to authenticate, then launch Element Manager and connect to the BCM once you've established the dialup connection.

I haven't done this yet and heard something a little different from a colleague that sounds strange...

IF- connecting remotely via AA xfer to modem DN, will this affect the dial-up network settings on the remote pc that is trying to access the system?

I was told for the BCM50, that a phone needs to be added to the output jack of the pc modem, and then configure the dial-networking to use operater assisted settings...

Can someone clarify a little better, because this sounds a bit whacky.

I've just built the connection to dial a number answered by AA, some pauses, then the modem DN (ex - 5551212,,,,,364)

Works every time.

That sounds alot easier than the other way I heard it explained to me. Thanks biv343, I'll be able to test it out later today.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back