Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Phone No Audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

sstelecom

Vendor
Dec 26, 2008
US
I have an UCX450 and trying to setup (2) Nortel IP2004 telephones for remote users that will be working from home. I can get the phones to connect to the system but I have no Audio.

I got with the IT vendor to help me with the prot fowarding and he assures me that port 7000 as well as 10000 - 13999 are also forwarded.

Iam at a loss, I dont have access to the Sonicwall TZ500 to verify what he has setup. But I also dont have a way to prove that the ports are forwarded propoerly, and not being an IT guy I rely on them to get this right. Does anybody have any ideas?

Thanks
Chris

Go into the Nortel settings page. You will see a field for Public IP. Put your router's external IP address in there if it's empty.

This sounds like the Sonicwall router has SIP ALG turned ON which can cause one way audio. In addition, like Telcodog sates, put int he Public IP address of the router and enable NAT in the SIP Settings as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back