Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote or Caching login

Status
Not open for further replies.

contsi

MIS
Dec 17, 2003
US
On GW 5.5 login screen I would like to log into the remote or caching maibox path(not into the server via IP) and view the archived emails, but I'm getting an error that there is a problem with my mailbox when I do this.How is this configured to work, I do have a path in there:
C:\Novell\GroupWise\remote.
Thanks for your help.

From what I understand the three mailboxes are all different. Remote, Caching, and Archive are all different right. Try renaming your remote and caching mailboxes. Then create a new folder that is empty with the same name as your original caching mailbox. In GW6.5 the naming convention is gwstrXXX where XXX is your users groupwise FID. Log into this empty caching mailbox and then try to open your archive mailbox. The path to the Archive should be C:\Novell\GroupWise\Archive.

From what I see with 6.5 you can see some major issues if you get your paths mixed up for any reason. For example if you log into your caching mailbox and the path is C:\Novell\GroupWise\remote instead of the path to the caching mail box.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back