Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote office

Status
Not open for further replies.

cjtucker

MIS
Feb 12, 2004
US
We have a remote office with its own PBX switch but goes over a T1 to our CO for voicemail and dialing internal extensions. We just had a fiber connection installed for data from the remote office to CO and would like add voice over IP and get rid of there PBX and T1.

1.Is there a way to accomplish this and have them keep there same phones (M2008 and M2616)? Buying 40 IP phones would kill the project.

2. Is there a way they can keep there same phone numbers? The remote office is in another state, so could those calls go to the CO's PBX and sent over the fiber to the remote office phones?

i thuoght the remote office supported 2000 series but i may be wronge, check me on that. the rest of the project is do-able, just have the co send the digits to your pbx and then route them the same as any did call. remote office is a little bit of a pain but hopefully cheaper then a new line side t1, or fiber remote.. the fiber remote would be the best way to go imo

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back