Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

bdeal4122

Technical User
Dec 19, 2014
US
We use callpilot for our voicemail service and I was wondering how I can make the system display the same number every time we are notified of a new voicemail remotely. Currently every time Nortel callpilot calls my cell phone, it comes up with a random number displaying.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks!

The numbers are not random - it's the number associated with the port making the call.

Create a new CLID and assign it to the CP ports

This is dependent on the type of trunking you have also. The CLID info only works if you have a PRI for trunking. A lot of PBX's out there still have ground start trunks, T-1, etc. instead of a PRI. Sometimes we make an assumption that the all PBX's have PRI's and that is definitely not true.

Here's a more detailed breakdown of what I'm trying to figure out and I hope I explain this well enough.

We have 16 channels/ports/TN's on our CallPilot and they are part of a ACD. When someone calls to check voicemail they get one of the available channels, when the CallPilot sends a remote notification it uses one of the available channels. What I'm trying to accomplish is to have the remote notifications all look as though our main company phone number is calling, not whichever channel happens to be the one that is making the outbound call. I have a CLID entry with the phone number I want it to send and I added that Entry number after Key 0 on the TN. But when I receive the remote notification it shows the original number on the port, not the main company phone number. I did the same Entry number on my desk phone and when I made an outbound call it showed up as the main company phone number. So I know it's possible I just haven't figured out the last steps needed. [smile]

I'm not sure which printout(s) I should post that will help the most so please let me know which you need to see.

You need to be very careful making changes on those voice mail ports since they are acquired by Call Pilot, it can cause corruption. And Key 0 on a 2008 ACD phone is not making the outbound call , key 1 is. You should disable each individual voice mail port and make the change and then enable the port and move onto the next.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back