Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

remote notification

Status
Not open for further replies.

saw164

Technical User
Jan 17, 2006
US

We just got upgraded from Mermail to Call Pilot, in Mermail we were able to have 2 different numbers called for remote notifications. we had it set up where, when the message was left, it would call the first phone number, but if after 2 mins the message was still new, it would call the second number. My question is, is there a way to have that setup in call pilot? i have looked and only see a place for 1 phone number.

thanks for any help you can give.

Scott

Unfortunately, only one target # is available for remote notification in Call Pilot. I know of no workarounds, I have had numerous customers ask me for a solution and haven't come up with one. We have asked Nortel about it and the last I heard, they weren't planning on resolving this issue.

Thanks lretrievers, that isn't what i wanted to hear, but its what i was afraid of.

scott

Hey lretrievers
DO you know how to setup CP to make a successful call to a pager. Thanks,
bakjano

Allow remote notification it the Class of Service in the Mailbox.

Configure the appropriate RPL for the number that will be dialed out.

If remote notification isn't work on the Call Pilot yet, you will need to check to see if the Call Pilot ports have an NCOS level that will allow them to dial off the switch.

Then you turn on remote notification on the mailbox and put in the target number.

This is functionality is slated for CP 5.0 - we'll have to wait and see

Jeff

When is CP5 gonna hit the streets? It is simply amazing that it takes 5+ releases for Nortel to restore that capability.

I was so wrong when I predicted they would abandon Windows before the third release. Then.. what the! The Crisco Call Manager is offered in a Linux version. Want to guess the odds that a new CallPackUp virus will find its way out the doors of SissKo and the press will read, "Norsell virus runs rampant, SissKo applauded for proactive move to virus-proof messaging and switching system"

~

Actually you can set up to 5 phone numbers for Off Premise Message Notification in the Call Pilot. Once you have set up the first destination it will ask if you want to set up another destination. This has been available for quite a few releases.

In terms of time, you would need to modify the Class of Service to indicate the frequency and number of attempts before Call Pilot would move to the subsequent destinations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back