Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Notification with a Cell Phone

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolicepbx

Programmer
Nov 10, 2004
CA
Has any setup Remote Notification with a Cell Phone. The NTP is not very helpful. I have enable RN, entered the target number as the cell phone, the RPL has that number in it. Whenever I leave a msg in the mailbox the RN is never sent and it disables itself... Any ideas?

When this type of RN is received by the mailbox owener what will they hear exactly?

thanks!

Its called message notification.In VM admin under that Mail Box you have to tell it to us outdial and the method to dial out. Then in the mailbox itself under admin I think it is 6 for msg notify.You tell it to call a phone and the phone # of the phone.When it is called a caned greting of-press any key to continue-will play then the user press a key and in responce-enter your mailbox and password and #.If its not answered it will leave a Msg in the cells VM.And it will retry a number of times .That is adjusted in the class of service for the mailboxes.

I'd like to bump this thread up ... because I have the exact same issue. Have gone through the setting up RPLs and mailbox COS. With 9+ 10 digit, without 9+ 10 digit - no luck.

Also have the same trouble with trying to set up revert DN as an external DN.

I just tried this with my mailbox to my cell phone and it works just fine. I have CP 4.04.04.12.

Within my mailbox, my remote notification settings are:
Remote Notification On - check box is checked
Status is On.
Target Number is my cell number with 8 in front of the number as we use 8 for outside line
Message type is any new messages
Device type is telephone.
The days active are 24/7.

Then in the mailbox class of service under notification of message delivery, the remote notification capability is enabled, and the RPL for remote notification is local and I have set up a permission list allowing 87 (7 is typically the first digit in our 7 digit cell numbers).

I would check to ensure that within your mailbox class of service you have enabled remote notification capability and that your RPL is set up properly.

Just to add my comments, I have a Call Pilot 4.0 text message sent to my cell phone everytime someone leaves me a message on my desk phone. It states that I have a call from (telephone number here). I have to dial into the system to listen them, but I would rather have that than be forced to collect them on my cell. Here are my settings in Call Pilot4.0 : Hope this helps someone.

Under Remote Notification

Remote Notification On:
Target Number:
Message Type: Any new messages Urgent
Device Type: Telephone Digital or numeric pager Paging service Alphanumeric pager
Personal Identification Number:
Callback Number:

"I don't think the above is necessary but I have not played with it yet.

Under Remote Text Notification:

Remote Text Notification Enabled:
Notification Device Class: testjack
E-Mail Address: 6138890561@msg.telus.com
Unicode Capable Device: check in box
Notify For: All Messages

The testjack I created under

Messaging and then Notification Device Class Detail. Just create (new) and put in a name that will be the same as in Notification Device class. All mine has in it is the name testjack. This is for email over SMTP

I am Trying to set up the remote text notification with no success. I have created notification device class and applied to the mailbox, but I get no notification. How is the email over SMTP setup? I'm trying to get it sent to a blackberry.

This is working fine, indeed prompting to login:

Remote Notification

Remote Notification On:
[red](you have to enable it in MyCallPilot otherwise it does not work!!)[/red]
Target Number: [red]xxxx , where xxxx stands for my phantom dn with dcfw to my cell[/red]
Message Type: Any new messages
Device Type: Telephone
Personal Identification Number:
Callback Number:

To the person who text messaged my cell phone: You are trying to send it to a blackberry and I am assuming it has phone capabilities. The provider of the blackberry should have a textmessage email address. In our case I have Telus which is AREACODEPHONENUMBER@msg.telus.com . or if it is Bell provider it is AREACODEPHONENUMBER@txt.bellmobility.ca. You get the picture and this is what I put in the REMOTE NOTIFICATION in Call Pilot. Hope this helps

Coolicepbx,
you might also check the EOD timer in your RDB for you out bound routes - the default value is 13952, Nortel recommends something more like 6144 or 4096.

Good Luck
Jeff

Hi, i have the same problem as i don't receive the txt message on my bell mobility phone....
I have the following configured:

Remote Text Notification Enabled:
Notification Device Class: smsphone
E-Mail Address: myphone#@txt.bell.ca
Unicode Capable Device: check in box
Notify For: All Messages

Is ther anything else i should be configuring for this to work?

It sounds like everyone has what I call layered security... in that case, even screwing up the RPLs in Mail won't open a hole in the system...because the other layer of restriction is the TN from the PBX to Mail.

I'll leave it at that because anyone who would not think to check the TN has a few more steps before becoming familiar enough with security to be confident their system is locked down.

~

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back