Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Notification via CallPilot Version 5.01.03.04 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zigmister

Technical User
Oct 18, 2012
US
Can remote notification for new messages be sent to a cell phone via CallPilot version 5.01.03.04? I checked the system and the only option is Pager.

Yes it can. Change it to Telephone and then you can enter the full phone number of the cell phone but make sure you put a 9 in front of the number since it is calling from the PBX.

Do you change it in COS? If so, how? The system doesn't give me any other options.

Ensure that Remote Notification Capability is enabled within he Mailbox Class.
Then go to the user you want to give this capability to and assign the COS to them.
Within the user details page, scroll down to Remote Notification.
Click on Add RN Target
From there you can select the device type and you can choose telephone.

I followed the steps that you provided and I see the following error message:

The DN specified for ''rntargetdn'' is restricted by an RPL.

The RPL for Remote Notification in the COS is "On Switch". The comment in properties for RPL "On Switch" states "restrict all numbers by default". I know where to go to change the properties for "On Switch". What do I put in the "Restriction" and "Permission" fields so the telephone number 9203####### will be called?

you put in the permission field 91203xxxyyyy if it's a long distance number or 9203xxxyyyy for local. The more digits you fill in, the more restrictive and secure it is.

When I entered the telephone number, same as suggested, I see the error message. I believe that I am being restricted by the programming of the "On Switch" RPL. I need to know how to change this programming so I am not restricted in the voice mailbox profile.

You will need to look at what NCOS table is being used on the Call Pilot Agents in LD 20, and refer this to your FCR tables in LD 49.
Assuming that you also have CLS = TLD, then there is a strong chance that the CS1000 system is restricting any outgoing digits to prevent dial through fraud from happening.

You have a few choices,

1) Change the NCOS table number to allow more or all numbers to be dialled out which is a dangerous option for most customers!.

2) Change the FCR table number that matches the Call Pilot Agents NCOS number by only adding in any digits that are required to be dialled out.

You might want to use the tool to examine the setup that you currently have via the link below.

Firebird Scrambler

Nortel & Avaya Meridian 1 / Succession & BCM / Norstar Programmer

Website =

if you're still getting the error restricted by the rpl then you're using the wrong RPL, regardless what you think it is. My suggestion is to add the number in question into each rpl and test until the error msg goes away then you'll know exactly which one is correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back