Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Remote Notification in CallPilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

TDMtek

IS-IT--Management
Sep 16, 2004
US
In Meridian Mail, remote notification has three target DN’s; all three can be pagers or phones, but in CallPilot all I have found is one target DN.
What I would like to do in CallPilot is set up an Alarm Mailbox but I need to notify several of our staff.

Also what are you doing as to Alarms from our CallPilot system/systems?

This is one product that you can use. You have CallPilot send the notification to this, then this product can in turn notify any number of devices. It's not that costly and you can get a free trial.
Make sure to get the DTMF add-on, so you can have CP just call it as if it was a pager. you'll ave to cal them for info on that specific part.

I've used this - I like it. Pricing is online. You can run it on a desktop PC as long as it has IIS. One important factor is you need to install a voice modem so make sure to study that well before making a final decision on hardware.

~~~
[small]GHTROUT.com | Get the Input/Output Manuals | Tek-Tips FAQs | Recent Replies[/small]

That options come out in the next release, if I am correct. That was one big item they missed.

I send an email to a broadcast email address that notifies multiple people.

John

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back